Monday, February 1, 2010

The Epic That is Dinner

Now, I don't know about all the other cats out there in the world, but mine sure likes to put drama into being hungry.

Just because she gets starved of course, even though she eats about 10 times a day. How evil a person I am.

Once she has decided that she has been starved for way too long, the drama will begin.

Now, this is when I start to think that my darling little cat deserves an oscar.

Once her tummy is 'grumbling', and the kitchen is in sight, she will collapse on the floor, too starved to go on.

Ow how horrible the little cat's life is, have pity; it is awful hard work feeding the entire family with decapitated lizards, and have you ever tried to be adorable for that long?

Once she is collapsed on the floor, she will not move, just look at you with those big, gold, pleading eyes. Then one has to fill her bowl with her staple food (atlantic salmon) and carry her to the bowl. Talk about spoilt.

Now what happens if she doesn't like the food you have given her? Now that is a crime of sorts. She will look at you like you are cruel, 'How dare you expect me to eat this?? This?? This is unfit for a cat of my status" She will also wiggle her bum away and refuse to look at you.

Demanding enough? No, of course not. There is also a time limit on all of this, if the feeding ritual is not completed in a decent (by her terms) time, she will walk of and be angry for the next few hours.

Despite all of this, she is the apple of my eye, my baby. And despite what most think, I love doing all these things for her, for it is things like this that put constant enjoyment into my everyday life.

Yes, she is spoilt rotten, but I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment